As we celebrate the holidays and anticipate the New Year around the corner, it is a little sad for me as my presidency also comes to an end. I’m excited for the future of AHVRP and know Eileen Pelletier will be presiding with amazing leadership skills, wisdom and guidance as your president in 2020.
I want to share with you my journey in 2019 and my list of joy as this year comes to an end.
1. Grateful that we had a successful conference in Dallas. Wow, and what a conference we were able to have this year! Learning and growing from our keynote and closing speakers and to all the session presenters this year. My learning edge definitely increased with each session I was able to attend.
2. New leadership in the AHVRP office. Todd Ross has been my rock, inspiration and guiding light this year. He is a proven leader and has a deep commitment towards AHVRP and the meaningful work that we do in healthcare. He is driven to continually support us in any way that he can and make us successful in our roles. I’m so glad Senada Hidic is back with AHVRP as the Education Specialist. She is enormously talented and brings a wealth of experience to the team. I find that she and Todd work so well together and you can feel that synergy from this dynamic duo.
3. The opportunity to serve on committees, the board and finally as President of AHVRP. I’ve enjoyed it all and will always treasure those roles that I have held. If you are deciding if you want to serve next year, please take the plunge and just do it. I don’t think you will regret your decision at all.
4. Meeting members from across the nation and hearing stories of their volunteers and the impact they have on the patient experience.
5. Inspired by the AHA and AHVRP awards. This moment always resonates with me in hearing and sharing in the accomplishments and great works that all the winners have done with their volunteer teams.
6. Most of all, we are their leader in the healthcare industry that is telling their story, their impacts on our patients/families, and enlightening our hospitals on the volunteers integral role and strategic part they serve in the workforce.
Thank you for all that you do each and every day. I’m glad you were lead to this role in the healthcare volunteer arena, it was for a reason. Have a happy and healthy holiday season. Thank you for allowing me to serve as the AHVRP 2019 President. You have touched my heart and soul forever and that is the most priceless gift I have ever received.
In sincere gratitude
2019 AHVRP President